The last few months in the Amazon Connect world have really been a whirlwind. We had Salesforce's annual conference Dreamforce in November, quickly followed by AWS's own annual conference re:Invent in December. And Amazon Connect appeared in both keynotes by each respective company's CEO. This is truly an incredible journey for a Contact Center platform that will celebrate its 3rd birthday this year!
In this blog we're going to touch on 3 stand-out announcements, starting with the news that Salesforce+Amazon Connect are set to drive AI powered agent assistance and continuing with information about Amazon Connect Chat and Amazon Connect Contact Lens. There were many, many more announcements and I'll provide links to them at the end of this blog.
TIP: Sign up for our free 1 hour virtual webinar where we will demonstrate Amazon Connect and Contact Lens.
Dreamforce - Salesforce + Amazon Connect
Salesforce is a powerhouse in the CRM arena and with over *19% of the market, they are continuously driving innovation and solving problems on a global scale. The Dreamforce keynote was a marvel of vision and strategy coming together to drive real business and customer value. And one of the announcements from the keynote was about Service Cloud Voice, powered by Amazon Connect.
The product brings Salesforce and Amazon Connect together in ways never seen before. It provides real-time translation of the voice conversation between the customer and the agent, takes that transcription and using natural language processing, drives AI powered suggestions to the agent.
Stephanie Buscemi got the honors of announcing this **new offering, but not before Marc Benioff had these words...
And now this incredible AI powered case generation, we're going to see something incredible...
Marc Benioff - Dreamforce keynote 2019
To really bring this to life, watch this 5 minute section from the keynote.
**Available Summer 2020
Amazon Connect Chat
Chat is by far the most requested feature I see from customers and here at VoiceFoundry we are super excited to see this feature land. Amazon Connect Chat is the second communication channel that is natively supported by Amazon Connect.
Amazon Connect Chat uses the same routing engine, customer experience flows and reporting as Voice. This means your have a true omnichannel contact center, with all the intelligent routing capabilities that is provided by Voice. An agent can take Voice and/or Chat contacts all through the same browser based softphone application.
Amazon Connect Chat can be hosted on your own Website or Mobile App, providing both Synchronous and Asynchronous Chat. You can configure your customer with the ability to self-service by using Amazon LEX. This lets NLU understanding comprehend the customers request and allow self service.
If your bots are not able to handle the customer's query then you can route the customer to one of your agents.
Reporting for Chat contacts seamlessly integrates with the existing reporting capabilities of Amazon Connect, along with the transcription.
Amazon Connect Contact Lens
Another keynote, another ground breaking announcement, this time related to Amazon Connect Contact Lens. It was the turn of Andy Jassy during his keynote at re:Invent 2019 in December to share the news.
Contact Lens for Amazon Connect is a set of machine learning (ML) capabilities integrated into Amazon Connect. With Contact Lens for Amazon Connect, contact center supervisors can better understand the sentiment, trends, and compliance risks of customer conversations to effectively train agents, replicate successful interactions, and identify crucial company and product feedback.
Contact Lens is an out of the box feature of Amazon Connect. You choose which calls you want to run the advanced analytics on, and the system will automatically transcribe the conversation between your customers and agents. Running those transcriptions through Amazon Comprehend to provide sentiment analysis (Positive, Neutral or Negative) then allows you to quickly and easily run advanced searching on those transcriptions.
Do you want to find all calls where the customer sentiment is very positive and they mention your competitor? Or search for all calls where the agent sentiment was negative - and so was the customers when talking about a product/service of yours? Contact Lens allows you to do this with ease!
If you want to know more, register for our free 1 hour Webinar happening later this month where we're going to focus on Contact Lens.
The last 2 months of 2019 saw a flurry of announcements. We will look at the 3 mentioned above with even more detail on a later Blog and will also examine some of the important news shown in the list below.
- 23rd Dec 2019 - Amazon Lex achieves ISO Compliance
- 20th Dec 2019 - Amazon Transcribe now Supports Vocabulary Filtering
- 20th Dec 2019 - Salesforce CTI 4.2Salesforce CTI 4.2
- 19th Dec 2019 - Using Amazon Lex Conversation logs to monitor and improve interactions
- 17th Dec 2019 - Amazon Connect is now available in the Europe (London) AWS Region
- 17th Dec 2019 - Amazon Connect is now available in the Asia Pacific (Singapore) AWS Region
- 13th Dec 2019 - Amazon Connect announces AWS CloudTrail support for APIs
- 3rd Dec 2019 - Introducing Contact Lens for Amazon Connect (Preview)
- 1st Dev 2019 - AWS announces Amazon Transcribe Medical - Medical Speech Recognition
- 25th Nov 2019 - Amazon Translate is Now Available in Six New Regions
- 25th Nov 2019 - Amazon Comprehend launches real time custom classification
- 25th Nov 2019 - Amazon Connect Now Supports Inbound and Outbound Audio with Customer Voice Stream
- 23rd Nov 2019 - Salesforce 4.1 Toolkit released for Amazon Connect
- 21st Nov 2019 - Amazon Transcribe is now available in the Asia Pacific (Tokyo) Region
- 21st Nov 2019 - Amazon Transcribe Now Supports Speech-to-text in 7 Additional Languages
- 21st Nov 2019 - Amazon LEX Supports Sentiment Analysis
- 19th Nov 2019 - Amazon Connect Introduces Web & Mobile Chat for a True Omnichannel Contact Center Experience & Video - Getting started with Amazon Connect & Video - Getting started with Chat &
- 19th Nov 2019 - Amazon Lex is Now SOC Compliant
- 14th Nov 2019 - Amazon Connect launches tagging support for the User Management API
- 13th Nov 2019 - Amazon Transcribe Now Supports Speech-to-text in 8 Additional Languages
- 7th Nov 2019 - Amazon QuickSight goes Mobile, launches Cross Source Join and More
- 7th Nov 2019 - Amazon Pinpoint Adds Journeys--Fully Automated Customer Engagement Workflows
- 6th Nov 2019 - Amazon Comprehend Adds Six New Languages
Amazon Connect celebrates its 3rd birthday in 2020! 2019 was an incredible year for Connect and 2020 is shaping up to be just as special. Here at VoiceFoundry we live and breathe Amazon Connect - it's our passion. No project is too small or too big so please feel free to get in-touch with us.